Reverend John Fulton's Classical Academy
Rev. John Fulton was appointed to the parishes of Castlereagh and Richmond in 1814. Fulton was a scholar having been awarded a Bachelor of Arts. He quickly opened a school, which he called the "Castlereagh Classical Academy". Fulton was targeting the children of the well-to-do, teaching Latin, Greek, French, English, Writing and Mathematics - "a curriculum thought to be suitable for boys entering Commercial, Military or Naval professions".
Source: Partridge, J.D. (1972) A
history of public education in the Penrith area to 1900. Unpublished
thesis. University of Sydney.
Murray, Robert & White, Kate (1988) Dharug to Dungaree: the history of Penrith and St Marys to 1860. North Melbourne: Hargreen.