"Faces in the street"
For more photos and information about the people, places and events of Holroyd, please visit http://www.holroyd.nsw.gov.au/your_city/local_history
1. Merrylands Fire Brigade, outside of Merrylands Fire Station, c. 1900
2. Merrylands Voluntary Aid Detachment, 1915
3. First Class, Merrylands Public School, 1921
4. Boys from St Mary's, Guildford on Pincott roller at Prospect, 1935
5. Mr W. Comerford, with truck used for market garden. Photo taken in the garden behind "Yoorooga" which is located at 54 Bridge Street, Wentworthville, c. 1945
6. Pan Pacific Scout Jamboree, Greystanes, 1953
7. Merrylands Seed Supply Shop, Merrylands, 1953
8. Foundation stone setting ceremony for St. Stephen's Anglican Church, Greystanes, by The Most Rev. H. W. K. Mowll, Archbishop of Sydney, Primate of Australia, 29 May 1954.
9. Central Cumberland District Cricket Club First XI Premiers, 1964-65.
Back Row : H. Goodwin, D. Timmins, R. Shepherd, B. Woolmer, J. Benaud, D. Hartman, J, Dwyer, K. D. Walters. Front Row : R. Flindt, R. Aitken, J. Aitken, M. Godfrey, D. Smith. Absent : R. Benaud (Captain) in West Indies, J. Chadban, J. Parkinson, S. Teale, N. Brisby, D. Good.
10. Shoppers in Station Street (cnr Dunmore Street), Wentworthville, 1965
11. George Tucker, postman, 1966
12. Merrylands station centenary, 16 July 1978